Our Coffeehouse

Made In House

From biscuits to zucchini bread, our bakers make all of our delicious breakfast and pastries in the coffeehouse kitchen every day, from scratch. Even our wide variety of delicious drink syrups are made in-house using whole spices and quality extracts.

No Judgement Zone

Located in the NoDa arts district, we have always followed a people first approach. Whether it is your first visit or you're one of our regulars, our knowledgeable baristas will help you order the right drink.

Sustainability

We're all about reducing our carbon footprint. We partner with Crown Town Compost to compost our coffee grinds and kitchen scraps. We discontinued single-use straws in July 2019 and offer drink discounts to customers who BYOC (Bring Your Own Cup).

Cocktails

House curated cocktail menu reflects classics such as Irish Coffee, Espresso Martini while also featuring seasonal offerings like our Cranberry Orange Old Fashioned and Bourbon Caramel Apple Cider.

Roastery

We roast our own ethically-sourced beans! Through full-sensory roasting, we have developed a range of coffee profiles to fit the wide variety of coffee origins we roast. We offer a roast for everyone.

Local Partnerships

We value community and source as many products as possible. We partner with North Carolina suppliers: Homeland Creamery, Two Moons Family Farms, and Neese's Sausage Company.

What Customers Say

• 5 star review  Small and cozy. Seating inside and outside. Coffee drinks made to perfection. Some alcohol served. Have breakfast or lunch and never be disappointed with the food. Perfect place to dine with friends or to spend a couple of hours working. Most important: staff is slways friendly. You are greeted with enthusiasm every time.

thumb Sally Griffin
    July 24, 2019

5 star review  Small and unique. Had a good pour over and enjoywdlled sitting out front. They are lacking much indoor seating but the neighborhood is nice and fun, so sitting outside is enjoyable. They offer some food, plenty of coffee options, and some alcohol. Great, fun, local coffee shop experience.

thumb Matt Arends
    March 5, 2020

5 star review  Fast service, friendly employees, and the caramel latte was so good! The space is very small but there is outdoor seating which worked out fine. Parking is a bit of a hassle to find be there is a public parking deck a block away.

thumb Grace Dombrowski
    January 19, 2020
  • 5 star review  Small yet inviting! I love spaces that have a bar you for you to sit and work at!! They have a wonderful variety of cold brews and different coffee drinks. The outdoor seating is perfect for grabbing coffee and quick breakfast with a friend. I’ll definitely be coming back!

thumb Zoe Scott
    September 16, 2019

5 star review  While visiting from NY, I was very impressed by this place. A friends theme coffee shop with a modern interior to keep you interested. From “private sitting areas” that are divided by doors, to the unique paintings & decorations made it an amazing adventure to hang out with someone & talk whilst drinking some very good coffee. Would highly return 10/10 P.S. Shoutout to whomever thought it was a good idea to write the name of the restaurant on the sidewalk cement.

thumb Joel Minyety
    January 18, 2020

5 star review  Great little 90s-inspired "Friends" coffee shop. Need to be a fan and you'll get the name (hint: it was a song on the show). That aside, great coffee place. friendly service. Very fun.

thumb Dave Birdman
    July 17, 2020
  • 5 star review  This place is great. Cold brew was great, pastries & desserts are tasty as well. THEY DESERVE THE 5 STARS.

thumb Boqui Changchu
    July 27, 2020

5 star review  Great friends-themed coffee house from the 1990s hit show. Great atmosphere and great coffee.

thumb Janelle Smyth
    August 11, 2020

5 star review  Small yet inviting! I love spaces that have a bar you for you to sit and work at!! They have a wonderful variety of cold brews and different coffee drinks. The outdoor seating is perfect for grabbing coffee and quick breakfast with a friend. I’ll definitely be coming back!

thumb Zoe Scott
    September 17, 2019
  • 4 star review  Extremely friendly and helpfully staff always!! Great name and always fresh coffee available. I would of given 5 stars but I'm not from around here and was only here for a few days and didn't want to download a special app to pre-order our breakfast so I called to place order and I guess with all the fancy technology they can't take orders over the phone. They are also cashless so be prepared

thumb mike whisler
    August 17, 2020

5 star review  Small and unique. Had a good pour over and enjoywdlled sitting out front. They are lacking much indoor seating but the neighborhood is nice and fun, so sitting outside is enjoyable. They offer some food, plenty of coffee options, and some alcohol. Great, fun, local coffee shop experience.

thumb Matt Arends
    March 5, 2020

5 star review  I'm a big fan of local places that aren't chains. My wife and I have been going here for years and it's a great place. Great coffee and when they open the inside back up they have Wi-Fi and board games. With covid 19, they have chairs outside and you can still access their Wi-Fi. Definitely check it out if you haven't had a chance to yet. By the way, you can also by bags of their coffee beans. We get the Noda Nights for our espresso machine and they grind it their for us.

thumb Rich Stiener
    September 18, 2020
  • 5 star review  i love this place, great food & service. this place has a nice feel to it.

thumb Judy Hester
    September 18, 2020

4 star review  Pretty good coffee, good people.

thumb Joshua Hall
    September 13, 2020

5 star review  Fire. Period. I had the best dirty chai I’ve ever had in my life (and I’ve had a lot of them) at this joint. Beautiful Sunday afternoon, outdoor seating, tunes were on point. If I could recreate the moment every single day I’d be the better for it. Never change Smelly Cat!

thumb Roger Hawkins
    September 20, 2020
  • 5 star review  I woke up extra early because I wanted to get myself a nice coffee and I drove all the way to noda and I got a really nice cold brew and then on the way back to my car I dropped it on the ground and I didn't go back to the coffee shop or anything because I was embarrassed so I picked it up and there was exactly one sip left and it was so good I cried when I got to my car about it

thumb Allie Nelson
    August 26, 2020

5 star review  Love the play on the TV show Friends. They have many coffee options as well as choices with liquor in them, great cure for any hangover! There is a cute seating area outside as well and it was a great place to relax for a little bit. Staff was friendly.

thumb Kelsey Pabin
    November 17, 2020

5 star review  Love this place...

thumb Daniel Santos
    August 25, 2020

Reviews & Mentions